Thanks for attending Amy Webb's 10 Tech Trends session at ONA 2011 in Boston!
Attendees were asked to do some pre-conference homework. See below:
1. Bring your smartphone or laptop and plan to follow the discussion on Twitter. Those who do will be treated to something special about a third of the way into the presentation. We don't want to spoil the surprise, so let's just say this...it would be advantageous to be sitting in a chair when it happens. You need to follow Amy in order to take part. She's @webbmedia (and not @amywebb).
2. We will be using Shortlist during the session. ONA attendees have a special beta invite and should sign up here. Shortlist will be available on Twitter for a live Q&A during the tech trends session. To ask questions, use @shortlistme during Amy's talk.
3. We will be showing a special Scoop.it beta page for ONA11, and you'll see curated conference content there. Scoop.it will be available on Twitter for a live Q&A during the tech trends session. To ask questions, use @scoopit during Amy's talk.
4. Data-viz nerds! We have something special in store for you. Bring a camera or a smartphone that has a camera.
5. For those of you interested in digital note-taking, Amy will have a new Livescribe and the Wacom Inkling to show. Inklings are highly-coveted, much-anticipated, and not yet in the wild, so this will be your only chance to see one until they're released in November. She'll stay after so that you can try some of the products she's bringing.
Finally, the first 50 people in the doors are getting a folder full of great stuff to take back to their newsrooms.
*** NOTES ***